01/04/2019 - 03/04/2019
It is a fundamental requirement when investigating major issues like global change to have absolute confidence in the quality of the data utilized in the process. Due to the fundamental role of surface ocean co2 data in such investigations, significant effort has gone over the past decade into developing techniques and methodologies that allow globally coherent quality control of this data. The goal of this workshop is to update the participants of AtlantOS and BONUS INTEGRAL on those protocols through a series of lectures and practicals given in the context of the most comprehensive surface ocean co2 data set, the Surface Ocean CO2 Atlas.
LECTURERS and ORGANIZERS
Lectures and practicals will be given by (look at the attached Agenda for details):
- Siv Lauvset, Univesitet of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
- Maciej Telszewski, International Ocean Carbon Coordination Project, Sopot, Poland
- Bernd Schneider, The Leibniz Institute for Baltic Sea Research, Warnemünde, Germany
The workshop is organized by:
- Maciej Telszewski, Institute of Oceanology of Polish Academy of Sciences, Sopot, Poland
- Karol Kuliński, Institute of Oceanology of Polish Academy of Sciences, Sopot, Poland
- Artur Palacz, Institute of Oceanology of Polish Academy of Sciences, Sopot, Poland
Registration is free and on a “first come – first served” basis to welcome 20 participants at maximum. To register please send an email by 22 March 2019 to Maciej Telszewski (email@example.com) and Karol Kulinski (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your name, title and full affiliation as well as a brief description of your post in relation to the workshop agenda.
FUNDING and LOGISTICS
No travel support is offered to participants. Local information will be provided individually to registrants. Please direct any questions to Maciej and Karol.
2019-CO2-data-QC-workshop-Announcement (506.8 KiB)